JJAP publishes articles that significantly contribute to the advancements in the applications of physical principles as well as in the understanding of physics in view of particular applications in mind. Subjects covered by JJAP include the following fields:
- Semiconductors, dielectrics, and organic materials
- Photonics, quantum electronics, optics, and spectroscopy
- Spintronics, superconductivity, and strongly correlated materials
- Device physics including quantum information processing
- Nanoscale science and technology
- Crystal growth, surfaces, interfaces, thin films, and bulk materials
- Plasmas, applied atomic and molecular physics, and applied nuclear physics (detectors, material characterization, spectroscopy, imaging etc.)
- Device processing, fabrication and measurement technologies, and instrumentation
- Cross-disciplinary areas such as bioelectronics/photonics, biosensing, environmental/energy technologies, and MEMS
Physics-based circuits and systems – advance announcement
To explore and support the emerging research field of Physics-based circuits and systems, the Editorial Boards of Applied Physics Express (APEX) and Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (JJAP) are pleased to announce that we have decided to expand the scope of the journals to include this new and exciting topic.
We welcome the submission of research papers describing advanced circuits and systems whose new functionalities are enabled by employing the physical principles of materials and devices. We also highly encourage reports of applications of new materials and/or phenomena in an emerging field of applied physics.
We welcome research papers on, but not limited to, the following subjects:
- Circuits and systems enabled by MEMS, sensor/display devices, bio materials/devices, etc.
- Circuits and systems enabled by the physics of spins, phase change materials, ferroelectric materials, etc.
- Physics-based circuits for emerging algorithms such as non-Boolean computing, neuromorphic computing, quantum computing etc.
- Advanced integrated image-sensor circuits and systems.
- Circuit technologies for enhancing the performance of energy-harvesting systems.
- Circuit technologies for enhancing the performance of memories, logic VLSIs etc.
Submissions of the above subjects will be available on April 2, 2018. We look forward to working with and supporting this emerging community.