1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Japan Society of Applied Physics (hereinafter referred to as the "JSAP") shall clearly state the purposes of using personal information and collect the information on a voluntary basis. Any personal information collected shall be used for carrying out the business purposes stipulated in its articles of association.
2. Purpose of Use and Protection of Personal Information
The JSAP shall use the personal information solely within the context of the stated purposes. Moreover, the JSAP shall not disclose any personal information to any third party, excluding the cases of outsourcing the business to contractors to accomplish the stated purposes, of carrying out obligations stated in related laws and regulations, and of ensuring the protection of the life, body, and property of individuals.
3. Management System
- (1) All of the personal information shall be properly maintained and protected from unauthorized computer access, theft, removal from the premises and the resulting loss, damage, falsification, and leakage. The JSAP shall take the necessary preventive and corrective measures.
- (2) In the case of outsourcing part of the business within the context of the stated purposes of using the personal information, the JSAP shall conclude a confidentiality agreement with the contractor and supervise the contractor to ensure the proper management of the personal information.
- (3) The JSAP shall, properly and as required, respond to any inquiry by individuals concerning the disclosure and correction of their personal information and treatment in the case of discontinuance of use. In addition, the JSAP shall establish a complaints section concerning the handling of personal information, where complaints will be appropriately and promptly settled.
4. Continuous Promotion of Activity to Observe Laws
- (1) The JSAP shall endeavor to carry out proper administration according to the Personal Information Protection Law and other related laws and regulations.
- (2) The JSAP shall regularly review and improve the policies on and systems for the protection of personal information handled by the JSAP in accordance with the changes in the activities of the JSAP, the laws and regulations relating to these activities, the social environment, and the IT environment.
5. Japanese Version to Govern
The original version of this basic policy has been prepared in Japanese. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Japanese versions, the Japanese version will govern.
- Partially Revised on Feb. 12, 2010