JJAP Conf. Proc. 2, 011002 (2014) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.2.011002
Effect of constraining the source lifetime parameter during least-square-fit analysis on positron lifetime measurements
- 1National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8565, Japan
- 2TOYO SEIKO Co., Ltd, Yatomi, Aichi 490-1412, Japan
- Received May 30, 2014
- PDF (537 KB) |
We examined the effect of constraining the positron source lifetime parameter during a least-square fitting (LSF) of positron annihilation lifetime (PAL) data on the resultant lifetimes, as determined from the fit result. The effect was assessed using calculated PAL spectra and also experimentallyobtained spectra for single-crystal silicon with different measurement statistics, in order to discuss the uncertainty of the resultant lifetime for a sample having a relatively short lifetime of around 220 ps. The obtained results suggest that constraining the positron source lifetime during the LSF analysis results in a relatively minor uncertainty of the sample lifetime in comparison with that due to the measurement statistics.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 M. Yamawaki, Y. Kobayashi, K. Ito, M. Matsumoto, H. Ishizu, A. Umino, K. Hattori, and Y. Watanabe, Mater. Sci. Forum 733, 310 (2013).
- 2 K. Ito and Y. Kobayashi, Radioisotopes 55, 469 (2006).
- 3 T. Hirade, T. Oka, N. Morishita, A. Idesaki, and A. Shimada, Mater. Sci. Forum 733, 151 (2013).
- 4 P. Kirkegaard, N. J. Pederson, and M. Eldrup, PATFIT-88: A Data-Proccesing System for Positron Annihilation Spectra on Mainframe and Personal Computers, Tech. Rep. Risø-M-2740, Risø National Laboratory, DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark, 1989.
- 5 M. Yamawaki, Y. Kobayashi, K. Hattori, and Y. Watanabe, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 50, 086301 (2011).