JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011106 (2015) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.3.011106
Photoluminescence property of nano-composite phases of β-FeSi2 nanocrystals embedded in SiO2
- Department of Computer Science and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
- Received June 22, 2014
- PDF (775 KB) |
We have investigated photoluminescence (PL) behaviors of nano-composite phase of β-NCs embedded in SiO2 (β-NCs/SiO2). The inhomogeneous spectra consisting of the A, B, and C emission bands were observed. PL enhancement also was confirmed in comparison with β-NCs/Si. Under high pumping rate, we observed PL spectra near room temperatures (~270 K). This fact means that oxidation of the nano-composite phase can contribute to reduction of thermal quenching, which may come from increase of band offsets around β-NCs.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 Y. Terai and Y. Maeda, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44, 2492 (2005).
- 2 M. Rebien, W. Henrion, H. Angermann, and Röseler, Surf. Sci. 462, 143 (2000).
- 3 K. Morita, Y. Noguchi, T. Nakamura, H. Kobayashi, T. Tatsumi, Y. Kawakubo, and Y. Maeda, JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011105 (2015).
- 4 Y. Maeda, Y. Terai, M. Itakura, and N. Kuwano, Thin Solid Films 461, 160 (2004).
- 5 T. Nakajima, T. Ichikawa, B. Matsukura, and Y. Maeda, Phys. Procedia 23, 25 (2012).