JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011107 (2015) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.3.011107
Photoluminescence enhancement of β-FeSi nanocrystals controlled by transport of holes in Cu-doped n-type Si substrates
- 1Department of Computer Science and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
- 2Advanced Science Research Center, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, Tokai, Ibaraki 319-1195, Japan
- Received June 22, 2014
- PDF (639 KB) |
We have investigated PL behavior of β-FeSi2 nanocrystals controlled by transport of holes in Cu-doped n-type Si substrates. PL enhancement was observed and PCI-PL measurements revealed that PL enhancement was attributed to a transport process of holes with a larger time constant in Cu-doped n-Si substrate in which an interval trap process is controlled by Cu doping.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 T. Nakamura, T. Tatsumi, K. Morita, H. Kobayashi, Y. Noguchi, Y. Kawakubo, and Y. Maeda, JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011106 (2015).
- 2 Y. Terai and Y. Maeda, Appl. Phys. Lett. 84, 903 (2004).
- 3 Y. Maeda, K. Nishimura, T. Nakajima, B. Matsukura, K. Narumi, and S. Sakai, Phys. Status Solidi C 9, 1884 (2012).
- 4 K. Akiyama, S. Kaneko, H. Funakubo, and M. Itakura, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 071903 (2007).
- 5 Y. Maeda, T. Tatsumi, Y. Kawakubo, Y. Noguchi, H. Kobayashi, K. Narumi, and S. Sakai, Phys. Status Solidi C (2014) (in press).
- 6 Y. Maeda, Y. Terai, M. Itakura, and N. Kuwano, Thin Solid Films 461, 160 (2004).