JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011108 (2015) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.3.011108
Enhancement of photoluminescence from Cu-doped β-FeSi/Si heterostructures
- 1Department of Computer Science and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
- 2Advanced Science Research Center, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, Tokai, Ibaraki 319-1195, Japan
- Received July 01, 2014
- PDF (497 KB) |
We have investigated photoluminescence (PL) behaviors of the Cu-doped β-FeSi2 thin film/Si heterostructure. Pronounced enhancement of an intrinsic A band and an impurity-related C band emissions has been observed in all the Cu-doped samples. The photo-carrier injection (PCI)-PL measurements have revealed that the PL enhancement is attributed to dynamic process of migration of holes where a repeated trap process of holes can be controlled by Cu-doping.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 Y. Maeda, Y. Terai, M. Itakura, and N. Kuwano, Thin Solid Films 461, 160 (2004).
- 2 Y. Terai and Y. Maeda, Appl. Phys. Lett. 84, 903 (2004).
- 3 K. Akiyama, S. Kaneko, H. Funakubo, and M. Itakura, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 071903 (2007).
- 4 Y. Maeda, K. Nishimura, T. Nakajima, B. Matsukura, K. Narumi, and S. Sakai, Phys. Status Solidi C 9, 1884 (2012).
- 5 Y. Maeda, T. Tatsumi, Y. Kawakubo, Y. Noguchi, H. Kobayashi, K. Narumi, and S. Sakai, Phys. Status Solidi C (in press).