JJAP Conf. Proc. 4, 011105 (2016) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.4.011105
Effect of added polyvinylpyrrolidone on mechanoluminescent property of europium-doped dibenzoylmethide triethylammonium
- 1Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, Japan
- 2Department of Chemistry, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- 3Graduate School of Integrated Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, Japan
- Received October 15, 2015
- PDF (579 KB) |
Europium-doped dibenzoylmethide triethylammonium (EuD4TEA) has been known as an organic mechanoluminescent (ML) material. In the present study the ML properties are investigated for the EuD4TEA with an addition of polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP). For the first time novel organic ML material has been successfully synthesized by controlled slow cooling method at very low temperature of 70 °C. The ML properties are characterized by using Hamamatsu Photonic Multichannel Analyzer (PMA). The ML spectrum corresponds to the europium D0 to fn transition. The results suggest that the addition of PVP enhances ML intensity of EuD4TEA. Effect of the addition will be discussed in detail.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 M. Akiyama, C.-N. Xu, H. Matsui, K. Nonaka, and T. Watanabe, Appl. Phys. Lett. 75, 2548 (1999).
- 2 B. P. Chandra, in Luminescence of Solids, ed. D. R. Vij (Springer US, 1998) p. 361.
- 3 R. S. Fontenot, W. A. Hollerman, K. N. Bhat, S. W. Allison, and M. D. Aggarwal, J. Theor. Appl. Phys. 7, 30 (2013).
- 4 V. K. Chandra and B. P. Chandra, Opt. Mater. 34, 194 (2011).
- 5 J.-C. Zhang, Y. Wan, X. Xin, W.-P. Han, H.-D. Zhang, B. Sun, Y.-Z. Long, and X. Wang, Opt. Mater. Express 4, 2300 (2014).
- 6 T. Watanabe, C. Xu, and M. Akiyama, Google Patents (2000).
- 7 R. S. Fontenot, W. A. Hollerman, K. N. Bhat, and M. D. Aggarwal, J. Lumin. 132, 1812 (2012).