JJAP Conf. Proc. 4, 011301 (2016) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.4.011301
Novel molecular targeted and wide spectrum antitumor agents: Preparation and preclinical evaluation of IER5/Cdc25B targeted low-molecular-weight phospha sugar derivatives
- 1Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu 432-8561, Japan
- 2Faculty of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu 431-3192, Japan
- 3Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Numazu National College of Technology, Numazu,Shizuoka 410-8501, Japan
- 4Faculty of Medicine, University of Mons, Mons, Hainaut, Belgium
- Received October 10, 2015
- PDF (927 KB) |
Novel broad spectrum low-molecular-weight antitumor agents of phospha sugar derivatives were investigated and developed. Branched deoxybromophospha sugars, such as DBMPP and TBMPP, which target IER5/Cdc25B and innovate in chemo-therapeutic treatments against various type of cancer cells. These successful preclinical in vitro and in vivo evaluations observed might be expected to afford clinically useful drugs and innovative medical treatments for various kinds of cancers.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 M. Yamashita, in Topics in Heterocyclic Chemistry, ed. S. Eguchi (Bioactive Heterocycles II, 2007) Vol. 8, p. 173.
- 2 K. Tsunekawa, M. Yamashita, M. Fujie, T. Niimi, T. Suyama, K. Asai, S. Ito, J. Yamashita, M. Yamada, N. Ozaki et al., Phosphorus Sulfur Silicon Relat. Elem. 186, 936 (2011).
- 3 J. Yamashita, T. Suyama, K. Asai, M. Yamada, T. Niimi, M. Fujie, S. Nakamura, K. Ohnishi, and M. Yamashita, Heterocycl. Commun. 16, 89 (2010).
- 4 S. Nakamura, M. Yamashita, D. Yokota, I. Hirano, T. Ono, M. Fujie, K. Shibata, T. Niimi, T. Suyama, M. Kasthuraiah et al., Invest. New Drugs 28, 381 (2010).
- 5 S. Nakamura, Y. Nagata, L. Tan, T. Takemura, K. Shibata, M. Fujie, S. Fujisawa, Y. Tanaka, M. Toda, R. Makita, M. Yamashita et al., PLOS ONE 6, e28011 (2011).
- 6 R. Makita, M. Yamashita, M. Fujie, M. Yamaoka, K. Kiyofuji, M. Yamada, J. Yamashita, K. Tsunekawa, K. Asai, T. Suyama et al., Phosphorus Sulfur Silicon Relat. Elem. 188, 213 (2013).
- 7 M. Yamaoka, M. Yamashita, M. Yamada, M. Fujie, K. Kiyofuji, N. Ozaki, K. Asai, T. Niimi, T. Suyama, J. Yamashita, A. Sawada, R. Makita, M. Sugiyama, M. Toda, S. Nakamura, and K. Ohnishi, Pure Appl. Chem. 84, 37 (2012).
- 8 K. Kiyofuji, K. Tsunekawa, M. Yamashita, J. Yamashita, M. Fujie, K. Asai, T. Suyama, S. Ito, V. K. Reddy, M. Yamada, K. Ogawa, N. Ozaki, M. Sugiyama, M. Yamaoka, R. Makita, S. Nakamura, T. Aoki, G. Yu, K. Aoshima, N. Kamikage, Y. Takehara, H. Sakahara, H. Takayanagi, S. Laurent, C. Burtea, L. V. Elst, and R. N. Muller, Adv. Mater. Res. 222, 217 (2011).