JJAP Conf. Proc. 4, 011503 (2016) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.4.011503
Optical properties of surface layers of amorphous and polycrystalline metallic materials modified by laser and ion implantation treatment
- 1Faculty of Physics of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Academician Glushkov Avenue 2, Building 1, Kyiv 03680, Ukraine
- 2Research Institute of Electronics, Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu 432-8011, Japan
- Received September 29, 2015
- PDF (943 KB) |
The optical properties of the surface layers of amorphous Fe–Cr–B and polycrystalline Al–Si alloys modified by laser irradiation have been studied by spectroellipsometry. The laser irradiation changed optical conductivity of the surface layers of Fe–Cr–B and Al–Si samples significantly due to modification of their structure. Work deals with also effects of Ti+ and C+ ion-plasma mixed beam treatment onto optical properties of Mo and Ti surfaces in the infrared. The ion implantation of Ti sample changed the spectral dependence of its optical conductivity from the Drude-like to the Kaveh-Mott like one. It points to a stronger disordering of Ti compared to Mo sample.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 J. E. Hatch, Aluminum: Properties and Physical Metallurgy (ASM International, 1984).
- 2 S. R. Elliott, Physics of amorphous materials (Longman Inc., New York, 1983).
- 3 L. Lanotte, L. Luponio, and F. Porreca, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 61, 225 (1986).
- 4 M. v. Allmen and A. Blatter, Laser-Beam Interactions with Materials. Physical Principles and Applications (Springer, 1995).
- 5 R. M. A. Azzam and N. M. Bashara, Ellipsometry and Polarized Light (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1987).
- 6 H. Fujiwara, Spectroscopic Ellipsometry: Principles and Applications (Wiley, 2007).
- 7 A. Gras-Marti, H. M. Urbassek, N. R. Arista, and F. Flores, Interaction of Charged Particles with Solids and Surfaces (Springer, 1995).
- 8 V. Voitsenya, A. E. Costley, V. Bandourko, L. V. Poperenko et al., Rev. Sci. Instrum. 72, 475 (2001).
- 9 A. Roeseler, Infrared Spectroscopic Ellipsometry (Akademie Verlag, Berlin, 1990).
- 10 L. F. Mondolfo, Aluminum alloys: structure and properties (Butterworths, Boston, MA, 1976).
- 11 M. Kaveh and N. F. Mott, J. Phys. C 15, L707 (1982).