JJAP Conf. Proc. 4, 011601 (2016) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.4.011601
A human computer interactions framework for biometric user identification
- 1Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, Japan
- 2Department of Computer Science, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Received September 24, 2015
- PDF (773 KB) |
Computer assisted functionalities and services have saturated our world becoming such an integral part of our daily activities that we hardly notice them. In this study we are focusing on enhancements in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) that can be achieved by natural user recognition embedded in the employed interaction models. Natural identification among humans is mostly based on biometric characteristics representing what-we-are (face, body outlook, voice, etc.) and how-we-behave (gait, gestures, posture, etc.) Following this observation, we investigate different approaches and methods for adapting existing biometric identification methods and technologies to the needs of evolving natural human computer interfaces.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 K. Kanev, N. Kamiya, N. Mirenkov, G. Kanda, and A. Takagi, Proc. Tenth Int. Conf. Humans and Computers HC2007, 2007, Dusseldorf, Germany, p. 25.
- 2 B. Sayed, I. Traore, I. Woungang, and M. Obaidat, IEEE Systems Journal 7, 262 (2013). .
- 3 D. Sakamoto, H. Morita, T. Oishi, Y. Komiya, and T. Matsumoto, Proc. 2001 IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2001, Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A., p. 993.
- 4 N. Sae-Bae, K. Ahmed, K. Isbister, and N. Memon, CHI 2012 Proc. SIGCHI Conf. Human Factors in Computing Systems, 2012, Austin, Texas, U.S.A., p. 977.
- 5 A. Jain, F. Griess, and S. Connell, Pattern Recognition 35, 2963 (2002).
- 6 H. Takaki, T. Yanagida, and K. Kanev, Human Interface Society Proceedings, 2010, Hamamatsu, Japan, Vol. 12, No. 1, p. 21 (In Japanese).
- 7 K. Kanev, K. Oyaizu, M. De Marsico, and P. Bottoni, 2015 International Workshop on Serious Gaming = Serious Business, 2015, Hamamatsu, Japan.
- 8 O. Medina Reyes, Desarrollo de un Sistema de Autenticacion para Dispositivos Moviles con Sistema Operativo Android por Medio del Accellerometro, Seminario de Investigacion, Departamento de Ciencias de la Computacion, Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico, Junio, 2014.