JJAP Conf. Proc. 4, 011616 (2016) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.4.011616
The skill representation of a multimodal communication care method for people with dementia
- 1Shizuoka University, Shizuoka 432-8011, Japan
- 2Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Itabashi, Tokyo 173-0015, Japan
- 3Tokyo Medical Center, Meguro, Tokyo 152-8902, Japan
- Received September 28, 2015
- PDF (1.1 MB) |
The purpose of this paper is to describe the way to represent the skills in dementia care based on the multimodal communication analysis by a computational approach. With the rapid growth of an aging population, it is becoming extremely important to elucidate communication skills for improving the quality of life of the elderly. Focusing on the dementia care method by HUMANITUDE, we have analyzed dementia care skills to evaluate their effectiveness. We designed three layers for representing skills and named them “Intra-modality”, “Inter-modality”, and “Multimodal-interaction”. These results are a part of the findings of empirical analysis of building human relationships.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 L. G. Crandall et al., J. Gerontol. Nurs. 33, 47 (2007).
- 2 M. Honda, M. Mori, S. Hayashi, K. Moriya, R. Marescotti, and Y. Gineste, European Geriatric Medicine 4, S207 (2013).
- 3 M. Ito, Int. Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics European Region Congress, 2015.
- 4 L. Bin et al., Towards Data-Driven Hierarchical Surgical Skill Analysis, arXiv:1503.08866.
- 5 B. Christine et al., Gerontologist 52, 394 (2011).
- 6 N. Kamiya et al., Proc. 12th Int. Conf. Global Research and Education in Engineers for Better Life, 2013, O22.
- 7 American Psychiatric Association, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV (DSM-IV) (American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC, 1994).
- 8 J. Cerejeira, L. Lagarto, and E. B. Mukaetova-Landinska, Front Neurol. 3, 73 (2012).
- 9 Y. Gineste and J. Pellissier, Humanitude: Comprendre la vieillesse, prendre soin des Hommes vieux (Armand Colin, 2007).
- 10 X. Chen, R. Yang, J. Xu, H. Ma, S. Chen, X. Bian, and L. Liu, Gene 509, 131 (2012).