JJAP Conf. Proc. 5, 011105 (2017) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.5.011105
Analysis of oxidation behavior in nanocrystal β-FeSi/Si composites by rutherford backscattering spectrometry and computation of diffusion flux
- 1Department of Computer Science and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
- 2Takasaki Ion Accelerators for Advanced Radiation Application, National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology, (QST), Takasaki, Gunma 370-1292, Japan
- Received August 03, 2016
- PDF (1.0 MB) |
We have investigated oxidation behaviors of nanocrystal (NC) β-FeSi2/Si composites by Rutherford Backscattering Spectrometry (RBS) and computation of diffusion fluxes. The oxidation is controlled by diffusion of the O flux from the surface and the Si flux toward the Matano–Boltzmann (M–B) interface. The time dependence of the location of the M–B interface was determined. We proposed a model for oxidation of the composite that is different from oxidation of Si controlled by O diffusion through SiO2 at the surface.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 Y. Maeda, Y. Terai, M. Itakura, and N. Kuwano, Thin Solid Films 461, 160 (2004).
- 2 P. Muret, K. Lefki, T. Nguyen, A. Cola, and I. Ali, Semicond. Sci. Technol. 9, 1395 (1994).
- 3 T. Nakamura, T. Tatsumi, K. Morita, H. Kobayashi, Y. Noguchi, Y. Kawakubo, and Y. Maeda, JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011106 (2015).
- 4 K. Morita, Y. Noguchi, T. Nakamura, H. Kobayashi, T. Tatsumi, Y. Kawakubo, and Y. Maeda, JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011105 (2015).
- 5 For example, see [http://home.mpcdf.mpg.de/~mam/].
- 6 M. A. Dayananda, J. Phase Equilibria Diffus. 26, 441 (2005).