JJAP Conf. Proc. 5, 011106 (2017) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.5.011106
Dependence of direct transition energy on growth temperature in β-FeSi epitaxial films
- 1Department of Computer Science and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
- 2Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890-0065, Japan
- Received April 05, 2017
- PDF (770 KB) |
Direct transition energy (Eg) of β-FeSi2/Si(111) epitaxial films grown at different growth temperatures (Ts) was investigated by photoreflectance (PR) measurements. In Raman spectra, the wavenumber of Ag-mode in Fe–Fe and Si–Si vibrations shifted to higher wavenumber with decrease of Ts. The estimated Si/Fe composition ratio of the epitaxial layer became small (Si-poor) in the films grown at lower Ts. In PR spectra, Eg shifted to higher energy with decrease of Ts. These results show that the modification of electronic structure by a strain induced at β-FeSi2/Si hetero-interface is suppressed by an increase of Si vacancies in β-FeSi2.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 C. A. Dimitriadis, J. H. Werner, S. Logothetidis, M. Statzmann, J. Weber, and R. Nesper, J. Appl. Phys. 68, 1726 (1990).
- 2 H. Lange, Phys. Status Solidi B 201, 3 (1997).
- 3 N. E. Christensen, Phys. Rev. B 42, 7148 (1990).
- 4 L. Miglio and V. Meregalli, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 16, 1604 (1998).
- 5 L. Miglio, V. Meregalli, and O. Jepsen, Appl. Phys. Lett. 75, 385 (1999).
- 6 S. J. Clark, H. M. Al-Allak, S. Brand, and R. A. Abram, Phys. Rev. B 58, 10389 (1998).
- 7 D. B. Migas and L. Miglio, Phys. Rev. B 62, 11063 (2000).
- 8 K. Yamaguchi and K. Mizushima, Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 6006 (2001).
- 9 K. Noda, Y. Terai, S. Hashimoto, K. Yoneda, and Y. Fujiwara, Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 241907 (2009).
- 10 Y. Terai, K. Noda, K. Yoneda, H. Udono, Y. Maeda, and Y. Fujiwara, Thin Solid Films 519, 8468 (2011).
- 11 D. E. Aspnes, in Handbook on Semiconductors, ed. T. S. Moss (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1980) Vol. 2, p. 109.
- 12 Y. Terai, H. Yamaguchi, H. Tsukamoto, T. Hattori, and T. Higashi, JJAP Conf. Proc. 3, 011109 (2015).