JJAP Conf. Proc. 5, 011107 (2017) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.5.011107
Effects of source materials on fabrication of β-FeSi thin films by RDE method
- National Institute of Technology, Ibaraki College, Hitachinaka, Ibaraki 312-8508, Japan
- Received September 15, 2016
- PDF (1023 KB) |
The reactive deposition epitaxial (RDE) growth method has been employed extensively in the β-FeSi2 thin film growth. It has been already clarified also that the Fe/Si ratio of source materials affects on the quality of deposited β-FeSi2 thin films by ion beam sputter deposition under high-vacuum condition. On the other hand, to provide methods capable of depositing a high-quality β-FeSi2 thin films inexpensively are important as well. In this study, we used a conventional vacuum deposition system and a few different kinds of iron silicides of Fe2Si, α-FeSi2, and ε-FeSi, which each contains Si, as the source materials in the RDE growth. We found that the depositing Fe2Si onto heated Si substrate helps improving the film flatness and the electric properties of the obtained β-FeSi2 thin films compared to that of Fe-deposited films, even at the relatively low vacuum depositing.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 V. E. Borisenko, Semiconducting Silicides (Springer, Berlin, 2000).
- 2 Y. Maeda, Y. Terai, M. Itakura, and N. Kuwano, Thin Solid Films 461, 160 (2004).
- 3 Y. Maeda, Appl. Surf. Sci. 254, 6242 (2008).
- 4 H. Udono, I. Kikuma, T. Okuno, Y. Masumoto, H. Tajima, and S. Komuro, Thin Solid Films 461, 182 (2004).
- 5 T. Suemasu, T. Fujii, Y. Iikura, K. Takakura, and F. Hasegawa, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37, L1513 (1998).
- 6 L. Thanh Vinh, J. Chevrier, and J. Derrien, Phys. Rev. B 46, 15946 (1992).
- 7 K. Akiyama, T. Kimura, T. Suemasu, F. Hasegawa, Y. Maeda, and H. Funakubo, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 43, L551 (2004).
- 8 K. Yamaguchi, A. Heya, K. Shimura, T. Katsumata, H. Yamamoto, and K. Hojou, Thin Solid Films 461, 17 (2004).
- 9 Y. Terai, K. Yoneda, K. Noda, N. Miura, and Y. Fujiwara, J. Appl. Phys. 112, 013702 (2012).