JJAP Conf. Proc. 5, 011204 (2017) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.5.011204
Growth of p-type β-FeSi2 polycrystalline films by RF magnetron sputtering
- 1Department of Computer Science and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
- 2Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890-0065, Japan
- Received March 07, 2017
- PDF (926 KB) |
β-FeSi2 polycrystalline films with p-type conduction were grown by RF magnetron sputtering using a B-doped p+-Si target with Fe chips. The hole density and mobility were 2 × 1017 cm−3 and 71 cm2 V−1 s−1 at RT, respectively. The acceptor levels formed by the B-doping were obtained to be 10 and 245 meV. In the temperature dependence of electrical properties, the p-type β-FeSi2 film showed the impurity-band conduction at 77–350 K.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 R. H. Bube, Photovoltaic Materials (Imperial College Press, Amsterdam, 1998).
- 2 M. Powalla and K. Herz, Appl. Surf. Sci. 482, 65 (1993).
- 3 See, for example, V. Borisenko, Semiconducting Silicides (Springer, Berlin, 2000).
- 4 D. Z. Chi, Thin Solid Films 537, 1 (2013).
- 5 K. Okajima, C. J. Wen, M. Ihara, I. Sakata, and K. Yamada, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 38, 781 (1999).
- 6 M. Shaban, K. Nomoto, K. Nakashima, and T. Yoshitake, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 47, 3444 (2008).
- 7 Y. Terai, T. Higashi, T. Hattori, K. Ogi, and S. Ikeda, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 56, 05DD03 (2017).
- 8 Y. Terai, K. Yoneda, K. Noda, N. Miura, and Y. Fujiwara, J. Appl. Phys. 112, 013702 (2012).
- 9 S. Brehme, P. Lengsfeld, P. Stauss, H. Lange, and W. Fuhs, J. Appl. Phys. 84, 3187 (1998).
- 10 J. Tani and H. Kido, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41, 6426 (2002).