JJAP Conf. Proc. 8, 011004 (2020) doi:10.7567/JJAPCP.8.011004
Photoreflectance Spectra of Highly-oriented Mg2Si(111)//Si(111) Films
- 1Department of Computer Science and Electronics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
- 2Institute of Automation and Control Processes FEB RAS, Vladivostok, Russia
- Received January 18, 2020
- PDF (1.3 MB) |
Direct transition energies of Mg2Si were obtained by photoreflectance (PR) spectra of a highly-oriented Mg2Si(111)//Si(111) film. In the PR spectra at 9 K, direct transition energies of E1 = 2.38 eV, E2 = 2.58 eV, E3 = 2.69 eV, and E4 = 2.82 eV were observed. In the temperature dependence of PR spectra, E1 and E2 shifted to lower energy at high temperatures, but there was no temperature dependence of transition energies in E3 and E4. These results showed that the temperature dependences of band structure in Mg2Si differ at direct transition points.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- 1 Semiconducting Silicides, ed. V. E. Brisenko (Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg, 2000).
- 2 F. Vazquez, R. A. Forman, and M. Cardona, Phys. Rev. 176, 905 (1968).
- 3 W. J. Scouler, Phys. Rev. 178, 1353 (1969).
- 4 N. G. Galkin et al., Thin Solid Films 515, 8230 (2007).
- 5 S. Onari and M. Cardona, Phys. Rev. B 14, 3520 (1976).
- 6 D. E. Aspnes, in Handbook on Semiconductors, ed. T. S. Moss (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1980) Vol. 2, p. 109.
- 7 H. Udono, H. Tajima, M. Uchikoshi, and M. Itakura, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54, 07JB06 (2015).
- 8 M. Y. Au-Yang et al., Phys. Rev. 178, 1358 (1969).
- 9 Q. Chen, Q. Xie, Q. Xiao, and J. Zhang, Sci. China Phys. Mech. Astron. 56, 701 (2013).